Friday, September 21, 2012

Photo Phriday #2 - My Favourite Places

Life is funny.

Never in my wildest dreams would I think that I would be lucky enough to go the places I've gone and see the things I've seen, all in the course of doing a job that I love.
It's not running related, but it's 'water' related!

Here are a few of my favourite places...

Cannes, France.  We stopped here weekly during a Mediterranean itinerary.
So charming!

We would grab a pain chocolate, café latté and browse the flower and farmer's market.

It smelled amazing, and it was fun to 'visit' the fresh fruits and vegetables (and sneak some back on the ship).

Some of our best espresso and cappuccino were from train stations in Italy.
This is the train station in Livorno - I can still hear the clatter of the saucers on the marble countertops.

Incredibly beautiful.
Incredibly silly.

We found this bakery in Pisa - I think we tried EVERYTHING.

The Panforte was a hands-down favourite.
Dense and flavourful, it was everything a christmas fruitcake wishes it was.

This is the El Glop restaurant in Barcelona, Spain.
It's unassuming, tucked away in a little neighbourhood.

But it must be something special, if the Boss has popped by...

Oh my.  The Paella.  Oh my.

Florence - incredible.

Why do I look surprised?  We managed to climb all the way to the top of the Duomo in Florence.

What must have been the cheap seats in the Colosseum.

We spent our first wedding anniversary exploring Capri.
Here's a hint - the Blue Grotto is a tourist trap.

Sienna in Tuscany - some of the most breathtaking scenery...

We loved Europe, and especially Rome.
I'm tossing a coin in Trevi Fountain so we'll be sure to come back.

As amazing as Europe was, we were happy to come 'home' after 6 months.
Hello, Lady Liberty!

I hope you enjoyed these photos - wish me luck at my 10K tomorrow!  I'll have a report done ASAP.

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Runner's Blog Hop. I love to travel and many of the places you've been are on my traveling wishlist.

    Good luck with your 10K!

    http://jillconyers.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill

      Thanks! Europe is a pretty magical place...

      Tabetha

      Delete