Sunday, March 31, 2013

Plateaus are a bitch

That's right.  I said it.

I've been doing great with my efforts to lose weight while I'm working on the ship. We've been working out doing P90X six days a week. I've been getting runs in where I can. I'm sticking to my calorie goals, plus having respectable calorie deficits due to my workouts...

So why did I only lose half a pound this week?

I mean, I didn't even drink!

I've got the myfitnesspal app set with calorie goals suited for a loss of 1.5 pounds a week. I've burned enough calories to shed at least another pound or pound and a half.

What gives?

I know I can't eat less than what I've been eating. That would be madness, and I'm not sure I could survive the workouts on less food, frankly. So I've gone the opposite direction. I've reset my goals to add more calories to eat per week. I'm hoping that I've stalled because I'm not eating enough, and so I'm taking that leap of faith that means... eat more.

I'm still a bit stressed about the lack of a race for my running goals. I'm just getting a couple of short runs in during the week, working around my P90X schedule. My sister was kind enough to send me a link for a Star Wars themed virtual race (I can't fight the nerd within), but I foolishly waited until we were on land before I registered and now it's sold out... boo.

I'm still eyeing the Chicago Women's Half Marathon, but we're home for such a short period of time between contracts, I don't know if I want to be gone for a whole weekend of it...

I just don't know.

Next up, I'll be taking some time to review a new Heart Rate Monitor I've been using for the last couple of weeks. Meanwhile, say hello to Pear

No comments:

Post a Comment